Friday, October 24, 2008

How you decide?

I've been having a lot of trouble narrowing down a list of what colleges I want to apply to, and where I should apply to for early admission. I have a certain set of criteria, but when I go to do my research and make my decision, it seem that 5 billion school match it. How do you make decisions as to what colleges to apply to?

4 comments:

Thomas R said...

It really depends on what career you want to pursue. Say you want to pursue a career in oceanography, then you obviously want to go to FSU, FGCU, FIU or any other florida college that because they tend to have good classes. You also have to narrow down your boundries. Unless you want to go to an out of state college.

Anonymous said...

My plan is to apply to as many Florida colleges as possible. I think I'll also apply to several well-respected colleges nationwide. After I separate the admissions from the rejections, I'll have to rule out the ones that offer me no form of scholorship and that I'm denied a student loan for. Then I'll take my plausible list of acceptances to get advice from my guidance counselor, teachers, and anyone else with knowledge in the field as well as online and statistical research.

Saad said...

I suggest you go to these colleges websites,which is where you will find tools such as virtual tours for seeing if you like the campus.They also have curriculum guides to see what classes they offer and an abundence of other tools to help you make your choice.There are 5 main criteria that i personally look at.
1.Location- I prefer to stay in Florida since i am accustomed to the enviorment
2.Size-Do you want a large population with big classes or a small college with small classes
3.League-Do you want to go to an Ivy League school or a Community College such .as BCC or Valencia
4.Enviorment-What type of surroundings would you prefer and what type of climate.
5.Interests-Most universities are centers of diversity and activities but do they have your interests at heart.

NICK said...

Well choosing a school is the hardest part. First you have to see how much money you can spend, what your going to major in, and other stuff like that. The biggest problem for me is money. My parents are paying my brother's college, and when I saw the fist bill my heart stopped. He had 100% bright futures and he still costed $7,000 a semester. And I forced myself to conside the army because im know I'm not getting 100% bright futures. So, your not alone in your confusions brother.