Thursday, October 30, 2008

How do you live your life?

In high school, I see many different ways people live their lives. Many feel like they need to push their bodies to the limit, they strap on a helmet and blast off into flight and fly high for as long as they can. Unfortunately, what goes up must come down, and often times they crash and burn. People need to be more careful with how high you must go and how often you visit the cosmos. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with going to space ever once in a while, but how many times has even Buzz Aldrin gone to the moon? All I'm trying to say is students need to make sure they have their feet on the ground for as much time as possible if you want to shine like a star.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

I have to agree. There's always the saying, "Shoot for the moon, you might fall among the stars". However, there's people who overwork themselves and try to overachieve in whatever they can, which isn't really bad at all, but you really have to know your limits and not intend to be Superman. More than once I've seen it happen, when my friends decide that they Have to become involved in school activities as well as extra curricular activities to become recognized or simply because they feel like they want to, only to later find them stressed, complaining, and wanting to quit everything because they're in way over their heads. I believe it's always good to aim high and overachieve in life, but you have to know when to stop, or at least take a rest.

Grant said...

I've heard of overloading problems before too. Once instance would be a whole group of kids who took all A.P. classes for one semester. Ouch! Kids must learn to truly balance their lives if they are going to truly succeed in life with pure happiness.

Anonymous said...

i agree with what you're saying, but sometimes it's so like hard to keep yourself on the right path when so many people around you seem to be so carefree. obviously i don't overload myself with work, but then again i know i can do so much better. honestly i never study, the only time i take a textbook in my hands is if i have to answer some questions but then again, if i get you know pretty solid grades without studying, i wonder what could i do if i actually worked a little harder?

Tasan said...

I have to agree with you on your blog. I've grown up and lived with over achievers that tell me to strive and reach higher than the stars. It’s a good way to motivate someone but sometimes you try too hard and over work yourself and in the process not getting to where you want to go or even close. It’s good to take things step by step and always remember to take a breather once in a while, it helps. Life is what’s you make it!

zach said...

I believe that in High School you should live your life in a positive way, even if something is going wrong. I believe that kids these days should learn how to stay more humble and keep their head small. Also it's imortant to be careful becuase if you are not you could get into some serious trouble.