Thursday, October 30, 2008
Playing at the pep rally was terrible!
I had to be there for drumline because we had to play with the band in the beginning and somebody planned for us to play a couple cadences. Who ever planned this thing was not the best planner in the world, I would say. On paper having the band sounds great! But in the real world nobody wants to hear them. Also we played terrible because we didn't know what we were playing or what was going on until we got there (late). After playing to basically nobody, the band left and the drumline stayed, because we were scheduled to play some cadences, but because we still had no idea what was going on when, we ended up just standing around in middle of the football field. Some one could have told us we weren't playing for another 45 minutes and that we should wait at the sidelines, but instead we just stood waiting in middle of the fricken field. Who ever is in charge of planing events such as these should make sure everybody involved knows what's going on, and they should be out there making sure things go well instead of leaving a bunch of bored clueless drummers stranded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am going to have to say that the Pep Ralley was actually fun. Everyone was into it the band, football players, cheerleaders, and the crowd. The people who put it together did a great job. The tug of war was halrious. I mean the seniors really kicked butt. I had a good time and the band had a good night.
Lol. Dan, I really don't know who you are but you're also in Mrs. Stoklosa's class so nice to meet you. It's funny what you wrote about the band. I never knew people in the band talked bad about it. I mean there must be something good about being in the band, that's why you're in it, right? You don't have to answer that lol. I'm guessing you're exaggerating a little because you guys can't be that bad. I live in Isle at Weston which is right behind Cypress and I always hear the band playing when I'm outside and you guys are not bad at all. Well, nice to meet you and good luck with the band!
Post a Comment