It honestly disturbs me sometimes how obese some people allow themselves to get, and how okay with it they seem to be! Obesity has literally become an epidemic in this country, and its really getting out of control. I know I say all the time "we'd be better off if they'd taught us this earlier in life blah blah blah", but honestly, I believe it works, and if kids are taught to eat healthy (taught not forced) early, they generally stay healthy. It has been proven that kids who eat unhealthy at a younger age are more likely to become obese when they are older. Parents need to stop giving their kids so many twinkies and throw them some running shoes.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Geez...That's nasty
A couple days ago my friend is messing around on youtube and he finds and sends me this video:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's true that obesity is a problem in America. The first to blame is usually fast food companies. Second is the parents. In truth, people have a choice. People need to make the conscious effort to stay fit and stay healthy. Of course growing up eating unhealthy foods will be a harder habit to break once "maturity" sets in. However, if someone truly wants to break the habit, they will. Parents cannot be the full bearers of blame.
A couple months ago I watched a movie/documentary called "Super Size Me". It's about a healthy guy who goes on a 30 day diet, only eating foods from McDonalds. He had so many problems such as nausea, vomiting, rapid weight gain, and almost had a kidney failure. People eat all these harmful substances and completely destroy their bodies. I agree with Isaac that some of the blame is on the fast food companies but most of the blame is totally our own fault.
That video was disturbing as it was said. I really can't believe how the rates of obesity keep increasing ove rthe years, its astonsihing. In the U. their is a plethora of people who are becoming more suceptible to gaining weight at higher rates becuase of the ingredients that are in a meal and used to coom it. It surprizes me that the numbers haven't decreased inhow many obese people their are in the country with all the awarness and prevention methods there are for it. I hope that people like the one shown on this video that weigh probably as much as a boulder find a manner to accept their disease and pursue the goal of getting thinner eventually leading to a longer and healthier life.
Post a Comment